3D Calla Lily
There are three sizes of this calla lily leaf cutter available, 3 cm to 5 cm.
To create a 3D calla lily:
- Roll a tube of clay out to create the finger-like center piece (spadix) of the flower. Create a tapered end that will show in the middle of your flower.
- Embed a kinked/bent pin into the spadix so your calla lily will have a finding.
- Roll out a different color of clay a bit thinner than you typically would for making earrings. Firm clay works best for this so that the leaf is easy to handle without deforming it. Use the cutter to cut out the large leaf that makes up the majority of the lily (spathe).
- Wrap the cut-out shape around the center piece, overlapping the bottom parts of the leaf slightly. Gently shape the leaf, opening the flower until you like the look of it.
- Bake the calla lily flat on its back and you're finished!
Our polymer clay cutters are printed with resin, meaning the individual lines from the printing process don't show at all so the edges of your clay pieces come out very smooth. Additionally, resin allows us to create a beveled cutting edge on the cutters so that they slice through the clay, pushing the excess clay out and away, rather than just smashing it down onto your cutting surface. You're left with crisp, clean edges often with little to no cleanup or sanding necessary.
Cutter color is not guaranteed. We're always playing around with new resin colors and shimmer effects. We can't promise yours will be this color, but we can promise that they'll be sharp!
Cutter measurements are approximate, but they will always be within a millimeter or two of the posted measurements. Sizes are based on the height of the cutter, not the width.
Cutters are not guaranteed to be food safe.
All tools are made to order. Processing time is up to 7 days.